The Wellington Soldiers Club was formed on the 29th of November 1947 when a small group of Returned Servicemen met at the School of Arts building in Swift Street with the idea of forming a Club to cater for the needs of Ex-Servicemen and their families. The Club used the School of Arts building until 1961, when they moved into the present Club in Arthur Street.
The Club caters for all the people of Wellington, as well as the out of town guests. It is the social centre of our town and is the meeting place for the young and not so young.
Adjoining the Club is a modern Indoor Sports Complex with squash courts, sauna rooms and all indoor sports facilities including a modern gym. It is a popular facility for our members and the general public.
So when in Wellington come and enjoy the friendly service and country hospitality. From Its internationally renowned Limestone Caves, to its friendly and hospitable atmosphere, Wellington is a town with so much to offer. Please phone us today on 02-6845 2877.